Using the power from the laser the coloured anodised coat can be removed to reveal the “silver” substrate beneath, darker colours will give the best contrast.
Laser etching has many advantages over other marking methods;
- it will not rub off – it is permanent.
- the text is precise and accurately placed, even the smallest lettering is clear and easy to read.
- set-up costs are far less than silk screening or carbide cutting and samples can be reviewed prior to procurement.
- small runs or even individual items can be economically marked.
- all jobs are stored in our laser system, allowing repeat or similar orders to be quickly turned around.
Many anodised items can be laser engraved ensuring that each one is clearly and individually identified. Switch plates, components, face plates, machine parts, decorative items – the list is endless – use our contact button to see if we can laser engrave your anodised plates or goods.